Wednesday 24 October 2012

I live in Karachi, known to be one of the most dangerous cities in the world.  I own a design house with retail outlets in Karachi and Lahore and export my creations all over the world. But my inspiration starts here and I want to write about it.

Amidst the chaos that comes with a city of the sub continent I find inspiration for my work. I want to write about what captures my attention in Karachi or wherever I travel to in person or virtually and show you glimpses of how my world translates into the products I design and the paintings I make. I also love food, cooking, gardening, collecting antiques and of course travelling. I will start by introducing The Craft Company.




This is a mobile pouch we embroidered and beaded showing a girl on a scooter.   
 This is a sight you will never see in Karachi because social norms do not allow girls to own or use scooters or cycles. I hope more people can get used to seeing women on scooters in Karachi and not only as passengers. To read more about this sad phenomenon follow this link Motorcycle Diaries.



No comments:

Post a Comment